What is a Covenant Church?
* Evangelical, but not exclusive
* Biblical, but not doctrinaire
* Traditional, but not rigid
* Congregational, but not independent
Our Church's membership...
Membership in Hope Evangelical Covenant Church is open to all who profess faith in Christ as Savior and Lord. Attendance at a special membership class is encouraged for all who plan to unite with our church family.
Most of our church members come from the north Indianapolis and Carmel area. However, our church attracts people who come to worship and participate in our ministries from Brownsburg, Zionsville, Fishers and Westfield as well.
The Covenant Mission
We are united by Christ in a holy covenant of churches empowered by the Holy Spirit to obey the Great Commandments and the Great Commission:
* ...to love God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind;
* ...to love our neighbor as ourselves, and
* ...to go into all the world and make disciples.
Consistent with its affirmation of classical Christianity and its own historical experience, the Evangelical Covenant Church affirms as central to its life and thought a number of evangelical emphases. Foremost among these are the following:
1. The centrality of the Word of God.
2. The necessity of the new birth.
3. The church as a fellowship of believers.
4. A conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
5. The reality of freedom in Christ.
- - -
- Directions: From 86th St. and Meridian on the north side of Indianapolis, go west 2 blocks to Spring Mill Road. Hope Covenant is on the northeast corner of the intersection of Spring Mill and 86th.